Monday, April 16, 2012

Recipe: Quinoa Hamlet

Pronounced: Keen Wa
Makes 4 Hamlets

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Quinoa (rinsed if called for)
1 cup Water
8 slices Ham (deli style)
6 Med Eggs (or 4 large) well beaten.

Assorted spices to taste (I used Salt, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Dried onion, it doesnt take much and gives the quinoa great flavor) 


1) Combine 1/2 cup Quinoa, Water and Spices in small pot, bring to a boil and hold for 15 min. Remove from heat.

2)Place 2 slices of ham in pan (or 2 each for as many as you can make at once) on medium high. Spread Quinoa on each slice (I would keep it less than 1/4 in thick) Once the ham starts to sizzle, carefully pour the egg over the quinoa. It will try to get away from you, just try to keep it mostly on the ham. 



3)In a couple minutes (whenever you think is right) get your spatula under one of the pieces of ham and fold it over top of the other, flip several times to be sure the edges are cooked (it may ooze a little) Allow to cool, and serve.

Courtesy of that part of my brain I wish I could activate at will (Alexis won't get home from work to eat these for another hour)

P.S. - I only made 2 of these, but I expanded the recipe to use all of the Quinoa, it shouldn't cause a problem, but you never know...




No comments:

Post a Comment